WASHINGTON – September 20, 2013 – (RealEstateRama) — The office of U.S. Sen. Carl Levin, D-Mich., State Representative Andy Schor, and Ingham County Register Curtis Hertel are sponsoring a free homeownership workshop at 6 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 25, at the Cristo Rey Community Center, 1717 N. High Street, Lansing Charter Township for homeowners wishing to learn about resources to help them remain in their homes.
The workshop will focus on connecting homeowners with resources that are available to help them stay in their homes. Local elected officials will address some of the housing issues that have been debated in the State Capitol, such as the recent change in Michigan to the redemption period. Following the speaking program, representatives from local housing counseling agencies will be available to answer questions one-on-one.
- 6:00 – 6:30 p.m. Remarks from local elected officials including State Representative Andy Schor, Ingham County Register of Deeds Curtis Hertel, Ingham County Treasurer Eric Schertzing, State Senator Gretchen Whitmer, and Michigan Foreclosure Task Force Coordinator Tracy Coffman.
- 6:30 – 8:00 p.m. Resource fair for homeowners seeking additional information about available assistance in the Lansing area. Participating organizations include Michigan State Housing Development Authority, Franklin Street Community Housing Corporation, the Center for Financial Help, Community Economic Development Association of Michigan, Elder Law of Michigan, and Legal Services of South Central Michigan.
- The homeownership workshop is free and open to the public.
- Registration is strongly encouraged. Register here or at http://go.usa.gov/DQDY
- 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 25, 2013
- Cristo Rey Community Center, 1717 North High Street, Lansing, MI 48906
- For more information, contact Sen. Levin’s Lansing office at 517-377-1508.
– See more at: http://www.levin.senate.gov/newsroom/press/release/free-workshop-for-lansing-area-homeowners-on-wednesday-sept-25/?section=press#sthash.cNU6yfaY.dpuf